Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen rents hotel rooms and it is a self-service hotel.
As a hotel, we know how important the privacy of our guests is. This also applies to your personal data. Therefore, we manage your data in accordance with the law AVG (also known as GDPR). In this privacy statement you can read what data we process and how we handle it. Our privacy principles are as follows:
• We process your personal data if we have a legal basis for doing so. The relevant legal bases are: your consent, legal provision (in accordance with the Penal Code), an agreement/reservation and a legitimate interest.
• We handle your personal information with care and take all reasonable
precautions to protect your personal data.
• We adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation and other laws regarding the processing of personal data.
The privacy statement below explains how we handle your data:
1. From whom does Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen process personal data?
We process personal data of persons with whom we have, will have or have had a direct or indirect relationship. This includes, for example, personal data of:
• Persons associated with an organization or company with whom we have, will have or have had a relationship
2. What does Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen process personal data for?
Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen needs your personal data for the following purposes, among others:
• Making and/or carrying out a reservation/booking through our website.
• Making and/or executing a reservation/booking through an online travel agency
• Collecting claims (including placing those claims in the hands of third parties)
• Handling complaints
• Making payments
• Processing job applications
• Carrying out audits
• Entering into and performing agreements with suppliers and business service providers
• Performing or applying legal obligations
3. Does Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen also process special personal data?
It is not intended that Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen collects special personal data, such as information about political opinions, religious beliefs, health or other matters.
In cases where Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen does seek to collect such personal data, you will be asked for your express prior consent. Please note that by providing Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen with unsolicited special personal information you expressly consent to the use of this information as described above.
4. How does Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen handle your personal data?
The security of your personal data is our top priority. Your personal data are carefully stored and no longer than necessary for the purpose for which they are processed. Within Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen your personal data can only be used by employees who, in view of their position, should have access to it.
Our employees are obliged to keep your data confidential. Your data stored with us are protected by technical and organizational measures. Technical security measures for the protection of your data are regularly checked and, if necessary, adapted to the latest technology.
5. Does Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen provide personal data to third parties?
Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen takes the required contractual and organizational measures to ensure that your information is only used by the third party for the above purposes. Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen is obliged by law to provide personal data to third parties in some cases. For example, you can think of the provision of data to competent authorities, such as the tax authorities and justice, as part of a criminal investigation. We handle these requests with extreme care.
6. What specific provisions apply to the use of the website?
Click behavior and visitor data
General visit data is kept on the website. In this context, the IP address of your computer, any user name, the time of request and data sent by the visitor's browser may be recorded and used for statistical analysis of visit and click behavior on the website. This also allows us to optimize the operation of the website.
7. What is the retention period of Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen?
Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen keeps your information as long as necessary to use it for the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement and as long as the law requires us to do so. How long certain data are kept depends on the nature of the data and the purposes for which they are processed. The retention period may therefore vary depending on the purpose. When the periods have expired, your data will be destroyed by Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen or a company engaged by us which specializes in the destruction of (personal) data.
8. Can you see what personal data Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen processes about you?
If you have a relationship with our company, upon written request you have the opportunity to view a copy of your personal data known to us. If the overview provided by us contains inaccuracies, you can request us in writing to change or remove the data. It is important that you can identify yourself and prove that the data you want to check and/or influence is actually yours. We will process your request within four weeks.
9. Where can you go with a question or complaint?
For questions or complaints about the processing of personal data by Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen, please contact us in writing or by e-mail at the address below:
Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen
2587 WL The Hague
+31 (0)70 280 00 55
10. Can Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen change this document?
Fox Hotel The Hague Scheveningen B.V.
Gevers Deynootweg 15, 2586 BB The Hague
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 87082608
VAT number: NL864199363B01